The Credit Union
Prairie Mountain Credit Union is a full service $55 million co-operative financial institution located specifically in Ste. Rose du Lac and Laurier Manitoba and serves many members in surrounding communities located in Manitoba's Parkland Region. The credit union has strong ties to all communities and is committed to providing superior financial services.
Town of Ste Rose du Lac
Ste. Rose du Lac, also known as "cattle capital of Manitoba" is approximately 300 kms NW of Winnipeg and is a regional center for health and medical services, tourism, agricultural services, shopping and commerce. There is a K-12 school as well as skating and curling rinks, daycare service and numerous golf courses. The Parkland Region is a prime destination for any outdoor enthusiast including camping, snowmobile, hiking and cross country ski trails and many other recreational services for a rural community to strive. Ste Rose is close to Riding Mountain National Park and Duck Mountain Provincial Park. Laurier also has full K - 12 French immersion school.
As a result of loan growth (currently $43 million) we are looking for an Agricultural/Commercial Loans Officer to join our team. Under general supervision and reporting directly to the General Manager, this position is responsible for providing lending services to current members and potential members as well as administration and control of their assigned portion of loans portfolio. The selected individual will:
Qualifications may include:
- Be positive, driven, self motivated and resourceful
- Have eagerness to learn and grow, embracing challenges as an opportunity to learn
- Show strong ability to overcome obstacles with a focus on solutions rather than problems
- Demonstrate creativity with an "out-of-the-box" thinking attitude
- Ability to build positive working relationships within the department, the organization and the communities we serve
- Proven strong sales abilities and negotiation skills with a focus on relationship building
Key accountability areas for this position include interviewing members, investigating, evaluating and granting agricultural/commercial loans along with other financial services being offered by the credit union, ensuring all loan activities complies with relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of a Grade 12 education
- Post secondary education in business and /or 2-5 years experience in the Credit Union System, bank or other financial environment, lending, loan administration experience would be an asset.
- Agricultural experience would be a definite asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical, judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization, time management, planning and follow-up skills
Salary will follow Credit Union guidelines and will commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Prairie Mountain Credit Union Ltd. offers a competitive benefit package including health and pension benefits. To be part of a progressive minded team and have the desire and drive to take on new and interesting challenges, we want to hear from you on or before May 22nd , 2013. Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Armin J. Glas
We thank the applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Prairie Mountain Credit Union Ltd.
Click here to print a pdf version of this document.